Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

my printer jams

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 andrew101

andrew101

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:23 AM

Hi,

I am facing new issues with my printer. I ordered a5 photo paper for my printer. It works well for a week. But now it is working slowly and jams every 1 or 2 hours of work. I don't know what happen there. It's some internal problem or paper causing this issue. Please guide me.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:28 PM

Printer type, model, etc??  We are working in the dark here.

Not all printers are created equal; some are high quality, some are junk.

It works well for a week. But now it is working slowly and jams every 1 or 2 hours of work

I assume you mean that you can print with this paper you linked to for 2 hours and then the printer fails to load the paper. Then the next day you can print for another 2 hours before the printer fails again. And so on. At least that is what you posted as I see it.

Possible two reasons: you are obviously using this printer for heavy work, possibly in an office or home-business dealing with photographs.  These printers that are for homes are not intended for heavy production work, such as photo-booths at parties, etc.  They will fail if used this way.

Another possibility is that the printer is over-heating and shuts down; that is why you can use it again the next day for a couple of hours until it quits again. Eventually it will burn out the motor or damage a circuit board.

Another possibility is that the pickup rollers are becoming worn or glazed with use; my Canon Pixma ip7220 has a roller cleaning option command in the utility screen that cleans the rollers if they start to slip, you might check your user's manual for that. I had to use that a couple of times when the photo paper started slipping and not loading.

With the limited information, that's about all I can suggest.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:54 PM

FWIW:  Why did you link to a specific vendor...regarding a paper spec that anyone could easily look up?  A5 paperr is available just about anywhere that printer paper is sold, from what I see.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users