Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kaspersky & Security Certificates

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 andrew193

andrew193

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 02 February 2017 - 02:56 AM

I use Kaspersky internet suite and recently i've started getting warning on everyday web sites i use that the security certificate is either wrongly configured or invalid and i have to press a button to continue with access. This is becoming an annoyance and wondered if there is anything i can do to stop this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_AES-NI_*

Guest_AES-NI_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:09 AM

its MITM

#3 andrew193

andrew193
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:34 AM

its MITM

Haven't the faintest idea what your on about!!!!  :(

#4 NotaNerd63

NotaNerd63

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 09 February 2017 - 12:46 PM

Man in the Middle attack? Had to google that. I also get that with Kaspersky regarding certificates. I noticed that when I do a google search I see ads pertaining to what I googled on my home page (my.att.net). Wrote a nasty email to AT&T about spying as it was their site. So Kaspersky isn't very good is it? What would you recommend for a really good antivirus program? I am still running Windows 7 and it is time to renew both antivirus and will be renewing Malwarebytes (it saved me a couple of times!). Back to Kaspersky...I find that they show my internet is not connected even though I am streaming Netflix on the television. Or they cannot connect to server. I have used them since 2011 but have found viruses numerous times every year and every time I log in has become a hassle so not really wanting to use them any more. Would Norton be the best?

#5 x64

x64

• Members
  • 352 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:41 PM

@andrew139

In the Kaspersky application, goto "Settings" (the "gear" icon in  the lower left corner), "Additional", "Network",....

In the "Encrypted connections scanning" section select "Scan encrypted connections upon request....", then under "Advanced Settings" select "Install Certificate" and follow that through.I'd really not recommend it but you could decide not to scan encrypted connections instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users