Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CAN'T FIND/ACCESS RESTORE TO EARLIER DATE

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JayJax

JayJax

• Members
  • 696 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:31 AM

My computer is seriously screwed up so bright I can barely see - I want to back it up to an earlier date but I can't find how to do that.   If I search for it all that comes up are three .jpg files?

What is the procedure to backup to an earlier date.

Also some things are missing like to be able to adjust screen brightness - its missing so I want to restore to earlier date/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,812 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:52 AM

To adjust brightness automatically
  1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings. ...
  2. Tap or click PC and devices, then tap or click Display.
  3. Make sure the Adjust my screen brightness automatically slider is turned on. ...
  4. Tap or click Apply.

To open System Restore :
  1. You can open the Power User Tasks Menu using the Win+X keys together and click on System. ...
  2. You can open the Run Command Box using the Win+R keys together and type rstrui.exe and hit the ENTER key. ...
  3. You can swipe in from the right edge of the screen and then tap search from the Charm Bar.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#3 JayJax

JayJax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 696 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:35 PM

Thanks - I have been able to restore it and everything seems to be back in decent shape for an aging laptop.

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,812 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:45 PM

:thumbup2:

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users