Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows BSOD when transferring a lot of files/backing up, caused by USBXHCI.sys?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 virchau

virchau

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:33 PM

I have just installed a new SSD into my system, and was backing up my HDD to transfer OS to the SSD. Unfortunately, I got a BSOD. I tried again with the same result. Running WinDbg !analyze -v resulted in the output of "Failed system file: USBXHCI.sys". I did a bit of research around and found the solution to update my BIOS. Unfortunately, that didn't work. Now I don't know what to do. Can you help me, please? Thanks!

Attached File  PERFMON_Health_Report.zip   177.83KB   1 downloads and Attached File  SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip   1.31MB   2 downloads are attached to this post.

OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 (original OS) (Full Retail Version)

Motherboard: Asus Z170-A

GPU: MSI ARMOUR GTX 1060 6GB OC Edition

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K

PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 700W 80+ Bronze ATX Power Supply (Fully Modular)

Age of system: Around 6-7 months

I have not re-installed the OS.

I built this PC myself.

This is a Desktop PC.

Any help would be great.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:48 AM

Perfmon shows that your webcam cannot start.

Please uninstall it's software and then physically remove it from the system while we're troubleshooting.

No memory dumps in the uploaded reports

No memory dumps in the KernelDumpList.txt report

Some BSOD's and many more LiveKernelEvents in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report - this can be a symptom of a hardware/compatibility/low-level driver problem.

Please start with these free hardware diagnsotics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Please finish ALL of the tests and let us know the results.

If you are using a disk cleaner (such as CCleaner) please stop until we are finished with the troubleshooting.

If you have copies of the memory dumps, please zip them up and upload them with your next post.

Your UEFI/BIOS (version 3007) dates from 2016.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  This is just in case there has been a more recent update.
FYI - W8 and W10 communicate more with the UEFI/BIOS than previous versions of Windows, so it's important to ensure that the UEFI/BIOS is kept up to date (and that outdated UEFI/BIOS' may be the cause of some compatibility issues).

Only 6 Windows Update hotfixes installed.  Most build 14393 (1607) systems have more than this.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available Windows Updates.
The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

MSI Afterburner (along with EVGA Precision and Riva Tuner) are known to cause BSOD's in some Windows systems (it's driver is usually RTCore64.sys).  Please un-install them immediately!

If you're overclocking, please stop the overclock while we're troubleshooting.  Feel free to resume the overclock once the system has been stabilized.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users