Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fried Keyboard (Etc) Or,virus/Malwarwe (Unlikely)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GuitarFiend

GuitarFiend

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 01 February 2017 - 05:47 PM

First,I will say about my "format"...therfe is nothing I can do about it at the moment :( With that said,Here is my problem/s.....            Got a major problem it seems :( On about Feb 1 (2AM-3am) I attempted to wake my laptop from sleep mode.The lap top seemed to awaken just fine.But,then,I started having "issues".And,they have gotten "progressive" Now,initially (after "wake-up") I was in Firefox and things started to go "wonky" (Trying to remember everyting as best I can...there are so many different things that are going wrong) :( As I said,my laptop awoke to Firefox.But when it did,it started doing things like scrolling downward (CONSTANTLY) in web pages.And,when I attempted to hover over an icon in my taskbar...instead of showing me a "preview" of what was in that window,it just began "flickering" a "preview" (constantly) so that I could not really "see" the preview.NOW...I WILL tell you That when I WOKE up and "initially" "tried to "wake up" the laptop from "sleep mode"...I found that my water bottle had tipped over next to the pc :( But,now,it seemed that most of the water had spilled onto my bed.If any got into the pc,I don't think it was very much (But...who knows) ??? :(  NOW...there are other issues.....when trying to enter search queries into the address bar,it seems it's adding extra text :( :( I have run an Avast boot scan and nothing came up.I have also ran a malwarebbytes scan and a simple pup showed up and I quaranteened it.This all happened around 2-3 AM today (2-1-2017)I have even done TWO "system Restores" One to 1-31-2017 and another to 1-23-2017.....All to no avail ! There are other things going on right now.NUMEROUS things that I keep discovering ! One of those things is that my "enter" button no longer seems to work at all.Also,when this initially happened,my laptop would not accept my PC log-in password ubtil after I re-booted.ALSO...My laptop is now beeping at me (repeteadly) after I log in (which may or may not have something to do with "sticky keys".I'm pretty sure "sticky keys" is turned off I have "screwed with it" a couple of times now.What else can I tell you ????? :(  I'm working with a "Re-furbished" Dell Latitude D630 that I purchased from Ebay.My "ex" "PC "Guru" told me that "Re-furbished" was the way to go if I wanted a "cheap" alternative to a newer "pc".And,I trusted him.I got my mother a "newer re-furb" model (By about 5 years newer) of a Dell latitude from ebay and it's been working great for a couple of years now (Although,initially,we did have to replace her keyboard.And,now,again (A reminder) (One of the things that's going on with mine is that my "Enter" button no longer seems to work :( I (for the most part) don't seem to be having probnlems "logging in" to my lappy anymore.But,there are "other" problems still.One would be (For instance) when I attempt a search in the address bar,the pc AUTOMATICALLY begins entering extra text !!! :(  So,intead of usinga search term in the address bar,I simply enter A "G" for an auto pop up of Google.And,when a get to a search engine,I use their own search box (Agin,though,I cannot use my "enter" button :(  I MUST use THIER "enter" icon with my "touchpad.I don't know what else I can tell you at this moment.I seem to keep discovering new issues.Such as within this text  in which I am writing to you (Notepad)...I cannot seem to use the "back" arrow to go back to something like a "misspelled word" :( PLEASE...ANYBODY.....HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GuitarFiend

GuitarFiend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:15 PM

Oh ! There has been another issue also,lately.....It seems (About a monthe ago) I had to completely stop usinh WMP due to the fact that everytime In tried to use it,it started being "un-responsive" and began to start and stop over and over again,MAJORLY over working the hard drive ! To the poinyt that it sounded like the hard drive was being deliberately "overworked" and something was trying to tear the drive up??? (The program seemed to keep trying to start and,then IMMEDIATELY stopped and started trying to start up again (OVER and over.Until I shut down the pc (the hard way !! :( Oh...and (again) even withjin thjis interface,I cannot seem to use the "back" (Arrow)

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:42 PM

Liquids and laptops don#t mix, but if this was plain water it should not have done much harm.

I would suggest that you turn it off, not sleep, disconnect the power cord and remove the battery. Then hold the power button down for about 30 seconds to remove any residual voltages and put the laptop in a warm dry place for 24 hours to make sure that any water in it has dried out. Then try again.

Then post back if you are still having problems with it.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users