Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Hangs on a grey screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 atxy89

atxy89

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:35 AM

Hi,

While gaming, my system recently started to switch to a grey screen and hang.

It becomes unresponsive to any keyboard or mouse inputs.

I have to manually turn off and on the power to the cpu in order to restart the computer.

Desktop

OS - Windows 10
x64

i7 6700K
Radeon R9 270x
Gigabyte H170 motherboard
650 kw PSU

I have attached the Sysnative BSOD dump and perfmon report. Can i get a diagnosis of what is wrong?

Thanks!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:59 PM

:welcome: to BleepingComputer!

Start by uninstalling MSI Afterburner from the Control Panel, as it sometimes causes BSODs.

Unfortuantely, there were no dump files in your report, so we'll only have the Windows Error Reporting reports to help. Several of the Live Kernel Events blame atikmpag.sys, your AMD graphics driver. Please follow these instructions to execute the driver-only reinstallation of your graphics drivers.

https://www.sysnative.com/forums/windows-tips-and-tricks/668-ati-video-cards-driver-only-installation-procedure.html

If you still get further hangs, please:

• ensure Windows is fully updated
• zip up the contents of %SystemRoot%\Minidump if you run into any BSODs
• complete all these hardware diagnostics, starting with the video stress tests

Good luck! :thumbup2:

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users