Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GTX 106O vs RX 480

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Murad_Alm

Murad_Alm

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:47 AM

(Topic moved from another thread because i think it was posted in the wrong one)

What's up guys,

I'm building a new gaming PC, now i'm at the last move.. .the most important one: the graphic card !
:blink: :blink: :wacko: :wacko:

So after searching and thousands of reviews all over the internet i still have two options and i don't know what to do...

First option: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127963

Second option: MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8GB
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137023

note: I'm not planing to overclock anything..

Other specs:
Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz
MSI Z170A Gaming M3
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-2400
Samsung 500GB SSD & WD 500GB HDD

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 01 February 2017 - 05:08 AM

Hard pick, they seem very even benchmark wise though the ATI seems a little cheaper and has 2gigs more ram as well as has a bigger memory bus as for the geforce it seems to cost a little big more but pulls a little harder, my self id have to do more research on the topic and in the past i would have gone with the nvidia, kind of a nvidia fan boy here, in the past my main thing about ATI cards "10 years ago" was that they were harder to mod/overclock/tweak apps and i didn't like the drivers none of witch applys probably in this day and age, i have no idea whats going on of late when it comes to the software side of things when it comes to ATI vs nvidia so don't know what to say.

My self looking at both cards id probably go back in to research mode and see whats up with the tweak/bios mods/drivers topic when it comes to both cards but with what iv read so far when it comes to the RX480 vs geforce 1060 its kind of hard not to say the RX480 from a hardware level, at the same time im a geforce fan boy so you know.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/73945-gtx-1060-vs-rx-480-updated-review.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users