Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics card not recognized, one port not working

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 redfootedbooby

redfootedbooby

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:52 PM

I am running windows7 home on a dell xps630i. I have a Geoforce 2 mb graphics card running two monitors. I had two internal hard drives. I started to experience booting problems which became progressively worse until Windows would not boot. I tried to re-install Windows and discovered the c drive was not being seen. I eventually was able to install Windows on the smaller d drive, but now one of my monitors would not work. It is not seen when in the interface to set screen resolution,etc. If I switch the cables on the ports of the card, the working monitor now doesn't work and the dark one now works. In device manager, only one monitor is seen and it is described generically, not as a Geoforce etc.

It would seem to be too great of a coincidence for both the c drive and the graphics card to both malfunction at the same time. Any help is greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users