Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking for a user friendly alternative to Autocad

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jurassiclassic

Jurassiclassic

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 31 January 2017 - 05:44 PM

Hello, apologies in advance I wasn't sure where, if anywhere this question would fit. I have a friend who works on a lot of projects of varying purpose/size, and they were interested in a program similar to autocad that would allow them to work on designs and see materials on a pc. Apparently they tried autocad and found it quite complicated and were hoping for a simpler to use alternative, having no experience with these programs I was curious if anyone else knew of a good alternative? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:05 PM

CAD means Computer Aided Design. There are a lot of CAD programs out there, a lot of them tailor themselves to a particular segment of CAD, such as electrical design. What type of CAD do you intend to perform? Once you can answer that, then you can find an appropriate alternative to AutoCAD. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users