Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is it time to buy a new laptop?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pattyny

pattyny

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:31 PM

I purchased my MacBook Pro in August 2010. It has Mac OS X v. 10.6.8.  I have not been able to update iTunes for a long time and now my new printer will not work with this laptop.

Do you think I should 1) buy the newest OS X (v. 10.10 "Yosemite", I believe) so that I can update software and use my printer or 2) buy a new laptop, probably a Macbook Air.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnWJ

JohnWJ

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:22 PM

To my knowledge you do not need to buy apple OS updates you can just update the computer. If you are having issue why not just restore the computer to when you brought it.  I do not know much about Macs but I'm sure someone will be along to help you

John

An Australian Living in the USA

#3 pattyny

pattyny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:10 PM

Hi JohnWJ,

I did not think about restoring my computer to its original--thanks. And I'll get on the Apple site to see if I can update for free. Thanks you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users