Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sony Vaio VGNS360 Questions!!!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 whiskeyatom313

whiskeyatom313

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 30 January 2017 - 03:48 PM

Is there any mods or upgrades i can do to this? CPU GPU? I know the hdd can be swapped out. Any links to guides would be great as well. I am wanting to just use this for streaming pretty much. Thanks in advance.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 whiskeyatom313

whiskeyatom313
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2017 - 04:07 PM

Also any information on the best way to connect this to the television would be great. I have vga, dvi, hdmi, and component/rca inputs. (nevermind this laptop only has vga output)

Edited by whiskeyatom313, 30 January 2017 - 04:12 PM.

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,287 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2017 - 04:41 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Sorry, but laptops have very limited upgrade options, normally just RAM and hard drive.

#4 whiskeyatom313

whiskeyatom313
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2017 - 05:11 PM

Yeah unfortunately! I have this laying around and want to stream everything (jumping on the cord cutting bandwagon....finally). So is there a better option to do this with. I like a pc but i like my android devices as well. Should i just get the box or stick? Or would this laptop be better?  

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 30 January 2017 - 08:19 PM

This is a fairly old laptop - c. 2005 ? - and as you say it only has VGA output. This doesn't support audio so you would need to arrange an audio connection as well.

You might be better using a tablet with an HDMI/miniHDMI output or seeing if you can pick up a second hand laptop with an HDMI output. At least the good news is you do not need a very powerful computer to handle streaming video and, since this one has an 802.11 b/g wifi unit installed it has sufficient performance. Your problem is an adequate TV connection.

Chris Cosgrove

#6 whiskeyatom313

whiskeyatom313
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:58 PM

thanks for the help. This can be closed/ removed now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users