Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RDP Using Non-Standard Listening Ports

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chuckbalogh

chuckbalogh

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 30 January 2017 - 01:06 PM

I am trying to set up Remote Desktop (RDP) access to my network.  Currently, I can remote into my network using the standard RDP listening port.  I want to configure the system to allow two users access using ports 3395 and  3396.  I have done this many  time with other networks and I think my issue is related to Windows Server 2003.   The  other  networks had no server.

What do I need to do ON THE SERVER to allow RDP access with other ports.  I know that I need to change the listening port on each machine to  match the user I am  trying to allow.  

I have Windows Server SBS 2003 and Windows 10 clients.  I have a Cisco ASA 5505 Firewall and an ATT 4111N modem.  I have configured both for port  forwarding and NAT rules.  Thank you for any help provided. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 05 February 2017 - 11:19 AM

You will also need to configure the firewall on the server itself to allow that traffic through on those ports. In addition, users will likely have to append the port number to the IP address/fully qualified domain name of the server when they connect.

#3 chuckbalogh

chuckbalogh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 05 February 2017 - 11:32 AM

Thank you for your response.  Since I  posted this question, I did get it working.  My issue  was my unfamiliarity with the  Cisco  5505 ASA.  I had not created the correct rules.  Thank you again for your response.  Is there a need to "close" this thread?  If so, how do I do it?

Edited by chuckbalogh, 05 February 2017 - 02:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users