Windows 7 Home Premium; Lenovo Z580 Ideapad core i3:
I am not sure why this happened (but I am 99.9% sure it is not due to any malware (as I am careful, use Noscript, use my own AV and online AV to check for malware, etc) but when I startup Windows, a Computer window opens up. I am not sure but it could have happened after I updated my computer with a MS SQL Server download, after seeing that I should do so on my Secunia PSI. I ended up deleting the program as I don't really need it, but it seemed after that, the Computer window opened upon startup. Again, I am not sure if this is the case, but it might've been the culprit.
My machine isn't that slow to start up, as I use CCleaner to check startup programs, and it is decently powered, but the Computer window is more a nuisance than anything. I hate that I have to close it every time I start up.
Does anyone have any idea how to stop this?
Here are some things I have tried already:
1. went online, found some related entries and tried some registry changes/checked to see similarities, but my registry keys were already in the state described after the fix/es or not the same at all.
2. went to safe mode/clean startup etc and didn't find the offending program
3. looked at CCleaner startup entries (and MSCONFIG) and didn't find any entries related to this window opening (as far as I know)
4. tried using Autoruns but there is nothing on any of the tabs that relates....or there are a couple that can't be stopped...I have tried a few but they were not the right entries, and then it was a pain to restart those entries.
4. Tried Process Explorer and could not find the problem using this program either
As I said, I have confidence it isn't malware, (or WAS malware) and it isn't too big a deal but it would nice to not have to close the window each time on startup.
Edited by wthsthat?!, 29 January 2017 - 07:49 PM.