Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chrome Bookmarks

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rlight

rlight

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 29 January 2017 - 05:27 PM

My wife bought a new laptop which is running Windows 10.  I am trying to a add a bookmarks Drop Down menu on her Bookmarks Bar, but I can't remember how to do this.  Do I need an extension for Chrome?

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 10 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 29 January 2017 - 05:52 PM

Do you mean add a folder with links in the folder on the bookmark bar? Not sure exactly what you mean by 'dropdown' menu?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,811 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2017 - 06:31 PM

In Chrome you will see three dots in a vertical line, click on it. 

This will open a menu, select Settings.

Under appearance put a check in the box for Always show the bookmarks bar.

When you add a bookmark by clicking on the star in the upper right portion of the page it will appear in the bookmark bar until the bar fills.  You can click on which ever bookmark you want to open it.  Once the bar is filled you can still add bookmarks the same way, but you will need to right click on the three vertical dots in the upper right corner and select Bookmarks to see the additional bookmarks not displayed in the bookmark bar.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 rlight

rlight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 04 February 2017 - 08:56 PM

Sorry for the delay in responding.  What I am referring to is a Bookmarks icon that would be on my toolbar, so when I click on it all my bookmarks would be visible below.  On my other computer which is running Windows 7 I have a icon that when I click on it all my bookmarks are visible below.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,811 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2017 - 11:30 AM

At the right side of the bookmark bar there are a pair of chevrons  >>  this is the button to open your bookmarks.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users