I was hit by last summer's Teamviewer security breach. Several PC's and a Mac were compromised. I realized this after logging on and there would be a Teamviewer session box on the screen. I am the only one who as access to the affected machines and there is no question that they were remotely hacked. I never save passwords or keep filled login information on any websites, and I immediately changed login info and passwords, etc. for anything and everything.I use a 50 character password on my home network. So far I haven't had anyone get to my Amazon, Paypal, banking, email accounts, etc., so I consider myself lucky.
I am running purchased versions of both Malwarebytes Premium 3.0 and Kaspersky Total Security. Both find nothing, even in safe mode. I am using latest version of Chrome as browser with no add-ons or extensions except Kaspersky Protection. No browser redirects as far as I can tell.
Despite resetting all machines to factory settings or doing a clean install of the OS and starting fresh, and trying some of the methods per the virus removal guides, I still have a feeling things aren't right. I'm even paranoid now that my router and home network may have been hacked (also did factory reset on router and updated to latest firmware).
Among unusual activities are:
1. Malwarebytes Malicious Website and Real Time protection settings keep turning off sporadically;
2. NordVPN will absolutely not run and keeps disconnecting. Works on iPad and iPhone.
3. CPU usage running high at times for no apparent reason;
4. Did see an unidentified client on home network once but bumped him off and changed password;
5. Several suspicious phishing pop-ups on iPad and iPhone;
6. Previously NordVPN was working, but still when I was connected I couldn't connect remotely to office VPN and had to disable in order to work.
I'm not expert enough to feel like I can call it myself, so at this point I would appreciate your help determining if it could be a possibility of malware. I've messed around a lot with all my router, AV, etc., settings. I am running Windows 10 64-bit on this laptop. Thank you!