Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help needed to Blocking a DLL FILE

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rahulsingla

rahulsingla

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2017 - 12:11 AM

Hi all experts .I replaced a dll file which is of 6 kb and after some time it again restored to 70kb automatically. when i run the programme for few hours. I block the exe files of programme  from internet why this is happening i tried alot can someone help me to resolve this??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KingDavidlll

KingDavidlll

• Malware Study Hall Junior
  • 237 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:05 PM

As in block it from running or being overwritten.

One way to do this:

Right click DLL -> Properties

Security Tab -> Edit

Remove all permissions that you do not wish to have

Apply/OK

Note: If an application runs in Administrative mode or as the owner of the DLL it can change these permissions back.  

#3 mWave

mWave

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:52 AM

If possible can you elaborate because I cannot understand your original post properly... However I would like to help resolve the issue. Thanks! :)

#4 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2017 - 06:20 PM

Just set a group policy on the local PC or server to clock the particular file from executing.

#5 rahulsingla

rahulsingla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:16 AM

If possible can you elaborate because I cannot understand your original post properly... However I would like to help resolve the issue. Thanks! :)

I have running a software i changed its .dll file originally was 70 kb and i changedit to 6 kb and i block the programme from internet by change it in host file . but when i run the software the .dll file was ok for few minute but after few minutes it again restored to the original .dll which is of 70 kb :( donno what happen i dont want to reinstall windows..

#6 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:46 PM

I have running a software i changed its .dll file originally was 70 kb and i changedit to 6 kb and i block the programme from internet by change it in host file . but when i run the software the .dll file was ok for few minute but after few minutes it again restored to the original .dll which is of 70 kb :( donno what happen i dont want to reinstall windows..

Thats probably because of file verification has taken place and the software has seen you using the wrong dynamic linked library file so it re-downloads the correct one.

Like i said, open the group policy editor on your PC and use the application block list and point to where that file is located.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users