Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Mouse Freezing?!!?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 silverdager509

silverdager509

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 28 January 2017 - 10:50 PM

YO! I have an annoying problem with my computer mouse and I'm just wondering if anyone can help..

you see I have a standard HP computer mouse that worked perfectly fine I never had issues with it and it works great on other computers

But on my Laptop when I use the mouse I can only use it for like 10-20 seconds at most before it freezes for 1-3 seconds only to teleport to where i want my cursor to be...

and sometimes while in the middle of use the mouse will just turn off completely and i'll have to take out the usb and put it in again :( ..

I've installed all the drivers needed and everything is up to date and I've unchecked "Enhance pointer precision"

I've updated my usb port drivers and everything but nothing seems to be working..

I do have a suspicion that the USB port is at fault due to the fact that when I plug in my Xbox Controller I doesn't read anything as if the controller hasn't been plugged in. 

Also when I turn my mouse upside down the red light begins to flicker... any help guys??

oh and would you look at that my mouse just froze up 3 times simultaneously while attempting to click Post new Topic XD

If system Specifications are required than here they are

CPU: Intel Core i5-3337u 1.8ghz (turbo boost 2.6ghz)

4gb Ram

hdd 750gb

OS windows 7 ultimate (disk installed).. originally windows 8

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 29 January 2017 - 06:37 PM

I do have a suspicion that the USB port is at fault

Does it do the same if plugged into another port on this laptop ?

Chris Cosgrove

#3 silverdager509

silverdager509
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 30 January 2017 - 02:29 AM

Yep I have 2 ports and the same thing happens.. This problem comes and goes and comes back.. Sometimes I can go a whole day with no problems and then the next a have a laggy mouse

Edited by hamluis, 02 February 2017 - 07:59 PM.

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:42 PM

It seems odd that this  mouse should work fine in a different computer and give problems in your laptop. Have you tried a different mouse ?

One other thought. You said "You installed all the drivers needed."  The only mice I know of that need additional drivers are advanced gaming mice covered in programmable buttons. Even with the wireless mouse and keyboard I have it was a matter of plugging in the receiver dongle and booting the computer, no extra drivers needed, they even work in the BIOS.

A reasonable approach would be to go into 'Device manager' and uninstall all the mouse drivers then re-boot. You will need to use the keyboard to shut down but the drivers will be re-installed on the re-boot.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users