Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flash "Out Of Date" problem.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 iMacg3

iMacg3

Bleepin' 68000

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 28 January 2017 - 06:58 PM

Hello

I run Mozilla Firefox as my main Web browser. Ever since I upgraded from version 50 to 51, I've been having problems with Adobe Flash. When I try to go to a  Web site with flash on it, I get a message that says Flash is out of date. I have to click Activate Flash every time. I've run the latest Flash installer from Adobe's Web site and I even went to the What Is My Browser page to check that I have flash. I am running Windows XP SP3.

Thanks in advance

Edited by iMacg3, 28 January 2017 - 07:07 PM.

Regards, iMacg3

If I do not reply to your malware removal topic in 48 hours, please send me a PM.

"Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,617 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 28 January 2017 - 09:32 PM

You might want to take a look at the thread entitled, Firefox 51.0 for XP SP3, on this very forum that's just a few lines down the page.

There are likely to be problems, and in increasing number, if you try to run Firefox releases that are not in the Extended Service Release (ESR) status.  Windows XP has not been officially supported by Microsoft for some years now and as web browsers continue to develop, and backward compatibility is not something that just happens "by accident" anymore, fewer and fewer current releases will continue to work with Windows XP.  This should not come as a shock at this point in time. 

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#3 devilus

devilus

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:43 AM

Hello

I run Mozilla Firefox as my main Web browser. Ever since I upgraded from version 50 to 51, I've been having problems with Adobe Flash. When I try to go to a  Web site with flash on it, I get a message that says Flash is out of date. I have to click Activate Flash every time. I've run the latest Flash installer from Adobe's Web site and I even went to the What Is My Browser page to check that I have flash. I am running Windows XP SP3.

Thanks in advance

Did you try to install the latest version after uninstalling the previous one completely from control panel? Uninstall Flash Player NPAPI and restart PC. Check if Flash plugin in FF is really uninstalled. Disable your antivirus if any before attempting to install the new version. I always do it that way. No Flash problem on my XP SP3.

Self-built PC, Lian-Li PC-A70B, GA-EX38-DS5, Intel Core 2 Duo 3GHz, Leadtek 9600GT, Kingston 4GB DDR2, Enermax Galaxy 850W

Selective boot (F12):

Vista Ultimate SP2 32bit, installed 2008, Samsung HD502HJ (500GB, SATA)

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, installed 2016, Samsung 850 EVO (120GB, SSD)

Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon 64 bit, installed 2018, Intel 320 (120GB, SSD)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users