Goal: Increase organization of emails in Outlook 2010.
1. I had four main email accounts. Three charter.net emails and one email from my own domain that I forward into Outlook.
2. All four emails have a ton of folders n them because that is how I keep people and topics organized.
3. A couple of months ago I deleted one of the charter emails because it was getting spammed to death. Updated everybody legitimately sending to that account to another one. Everything was fine.
4. Though the email account was deleted, I still had access to all of the folders and sub-folders for when I needed to reference stuff. Everything was fine (Just didn't send or receive emails anymore.)
5. I will be moving soon, possibly out of Charter monopoly area, so beginning process of better organizing emails, and thinking about then probably creating new email accounts on my own domain going forward.
6. Yesterday I moved a TON of folders, better organizing the people and topics in each of the three main email accounts. That meant moving entire folders from one account into another account - a whole lot of times.
7. Everything seemed fine. Today it appears that when I want to get into a charter folder, every (?) folder is 'synchronizing' - and then every email in the folder is disappearing right in front of me. Synchronizing seems to take from a few seconds to a couple of minutes; seems to depend on how many emails are in the folder. This seems to be happening only to the two charter.net email accounts - and not the email of my own domain - without regard to what email account the folders or emails started out in yesterday. I have not had any emails 'delete' from that account.
8. How do I fix the two charter email accounts that are deleting every email in every folder that I open? How do I get those emails to to reappear in those now empty folders.
I'd surely appreciate help with this. Thank you.