Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard not working, mouse buttons acting wierd

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 FauxPhoenix

FauxPhoenix

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2017 - 03:36 PM

For those who must know, i am using my phone to post/ask this since my computer is not working. I have a dell inspiron 15 and a toshiba sattelite laptop and after i switched my harddrive from my toshiba where the problem started i switched back to the original harddrive the keyboard stopped working. This problem seemed to start after a recent windows update, although im not sure which update. Now neither of my laptops have a working keyboard. I tried taking out the battery and pushing/holding the power button down for 60 seconds to reset it, didnt work, i am unable to get into the admin account without the keyboard so i cant reinstall the drivers. I tried reseating the keyboard and that didnt work either. The keyboard works just fine in bios so it is not a connection problem, and in windows only the enter key and the function keys work. Strangely enough the on screen keyboard is having the same problems, i.e. i am only able to use the enter key. My mousepad is also acting strangely, the main (left) mousebutton is acting like the right mousebutton i.e. opening the menu and the mousebuttons are set correctly in the control panel settings. My laptop is running windows 10. Can anyone help please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users