Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7-Windows Start up screen crashes-No Repair your Computer Option

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chris040290

Chris040290

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 28 January 2017 - 02:39 PM

Hello good people, I do hope you can help me out. Here's the thing I have a Windows 7 pro, 32 bit OS. everything connected properly and upon powering ON, the MSI logo came up but when it comes to windows start up screen it will show this colorful orb where it will create the 3D windows logo. It will came up but will get stuck then it will restart the computer again and same thing will happen over and over again. after the restart it will show me options:

Windows Error Recovery

pls insert disk (etc.)

safe mode

safe mode (network)

safe mode (command prompt)

last known good configuration

start windows normally

-so i tried start windows normally, last known good configuration nothing it keeps repeating. "Safe mode same thing". so i decided to press F8 repeatedly to go to "REPAIR YOUR COMPUTER" no option is installed there. so i decided to use another computer to check my hard drive my RAM all good. "I have no windows 7 installation disk" so I did was is to make a bootable USB I downloaded a Windows 7 ultimate 64bit file. try to see if i can just upgrade it. pressed DEL key to access BIOS and change the bootable disk 1st for my USB and the hard drive as 2nd then save. still windows keeps on repeating the same symptoms. Now I'am lost, been working with this for 2 weeks now then I stumbled with this forum. I sure hope you can help me out.

Thank you so much in advance. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,017 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 29 January 2017 - 05:45 PM

First of all - welcome to BC !

Can you supply the basic details - make and model - on this computer or if it is a self built then the make and model of the mobo, the CPU, how much RAM and which version of Win 7 you have installed.

If I understand you correctly you can get into Safe mode. If you can, choose 'Safe mode with Command prompt' and try SFC. At the command prompt type 'SFC /SCANNOW'  ( without the ' ' and note there is a space between 'SFC' and '/'). This will attempt to repair any corrupted Windows files and may allow your computer to boot normally. It can take upto an hour or so to run, depending on the size of your system and your RAM, but do not cut it off - let it finish.

Post back.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Chris040290

Chris040290
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 30 January 2017 - 08:17 AM

Good Day Mr. Chris Cosgrove.

Thank you for the kind welcome and thank you so much for your response. So here's the spec of my computer as i gathered so far.

MSI motheboard 880GMS-E35

CPU AMD 2009 Athlon II 

Graphics card AMD Radeon 5670

Samsung RAM 2GB

HDD Western Digital 500GB

OS 32bit-64bit

Windows 7 32 bit professionals

*sorry I cant be more helpful providing you the exact specs*   

I have already fixed my first issue and my computer is running smoothly for the time being just did the whole boot USB process again and got it to install Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit that I got it for free form torrent. So everything is working fine i got to download my files like JAVA, Acrobat reader, .netframework, AVG, daemon tools, winrar, powerISO, Google Chrome, AMD catalayst driver, realtek highdef sound driver. For games Minecraft, COD MW3, Farcry 3. So everything is fine but when i started to play Minecraft its lagging totally my FPS is down and Im using the latest version of minecraft so what I did was change all the settings to minimum in minecrat still the same only increased my FPS like 5, so I exit the game thinking that its just broke but when I exited it all hell breaks lose on my desktop, I cant move my mouse to go to another folder it has a 5 second delay because of the lag, and opening just a folder it will take 10 seconds to open just the border first of that folder to view what's inside and another 5 seconds before all the components inside that folder will appear and its only a 1mb file folder.

but some of my games like far cry 3 and COD MW3 is working smoothly no problems no lag and their on medium setting. So the next thing I did was used the task manager and change it to the best performance setting, display to basic and it helped just a little bit still having a hard time in opening up the folder and going to that folder using the mouse cursor. Restarting it did not help.

I have another computer here its HP and take note this one absolutely 10000x infinity works before upgrading it to Windows 64bit , did the whole installation again and it works fine did all the process for installation, and this HP computer of mine is a Windows ultimate 32bit before. upgraded it to 64 bit. So thinking that my other computer is a lemon. prefer to use the HP instead I'am just gonna download Google chrome after its done, the lag came back its much worst than my MSI but this time all the symptoms appear after google chrome was installed. 

So Mr. Cosgrove what do you think, do you think its this Windows ultimate 64bit that I downloaded it from piratebay or some softwares that I downloaded over the internet??

Thank you so much, in advance again for giving your knowledge about this problem I'am facing right now, you see I want to give this to my nephew on his birthday he loves minecraft so much, I wish i never introduced minecraft to him in the first place. JK LOL... Again Sir, thank you so much again,,,    

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,017 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:59 PM

Windows ultimate 64bit that I downloaded it from piratebay

Well first off that makes it an illegal copy so you are not going to get it authenticated. Secondly, you are taking a very severe risk of a contaminated/corrupted copy. It very likely contains malware and if the software itself is faulty you have no come back on anybody.

Frankly, the best thing for you to do is to wipe the hard drive, obtain a legit copy of Win 7 - Home Premium is perfectly good enough for most users - and start again.

Alternatively, if money is a problem, have you considered the free alternative OS - Linux ?  There are many different flavours of this but you might find Mint 18 either the Cinnamon or XFCE versions to your liking. For further advice and information take a look at the Linux section of BC. They are a fairly friendly bunch there.

Finally, I am a Moderator on this forum - I really can't be seen advising on how to fix an illegally downloaded OS. You really do need to get either a legit copy of Windows or give Linux a try.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users