Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Game Problems After Re_installing The Windows

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mcheraghimn

mcheraghimn

• Banned
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:22 AM

In many cases if you re-install the windows you don't see any problems ,but here is the most common problems after re-installing the windows:
Note: After installing windows first install your display driver and sound card driver.
My first recommendation is to install the game in a partition which the windows is not installed on that drive.This will stop many problems.
My second recommandation is to make a backup of the saved games.notes below will help you better:

1. Idon't know why i've lost my saved games.
-----Some games like NFS:Most Wanted keep their saved games in the My Documents folder. Some of them like many ubisoft games(i.e. Prine of Persia :warrior within) keep their saved games in Documents and Settings|<your user name> |Application data. So when you re-insatll windows these will folders change and you lose your saved games.the first solution is to copy the saved games folder in another partition of your hard drive and after re-installing windows ,copy them in their exact last position.You may need to replace any file.
Note:applcation data is a hidden folder so if you don't see them ,follow this way:
Control Panel |appearance and themes |folder options --Now click on the View tab and enable this option
:Show hidden files and folders. (if your control panel is in the classic mode yoo don't need to click on the appearance and themes)
other solution is to go to a site like <gamefaqs> or <cheathappens> and download the save games you want and copy them in their exact last position before re-installing windows.

Note: Some games keep their saved games in their position of installation ,so you should not see any problems about saved games.

My third recommendation is to have an updated version of the latest direct_x
2.after re-installing windows ,when i execute the main game file i recieve a message like this :
"The application failed to start because d3dx_26.dll was not found.Re-installing the program may fix the
problems."
---This is a usual problem about games after re-installing windows and even after installing game.Dlls like d3dx_26 and 27 are parts of the Direct_x ,but they have some problems ,and even re-installing Direct-x might not fix the problem.The solution is to go a web page like dlls and download the dll you want.
I myself had this problems with Civilization IV & Most Wanted .
My forth recommendation is to keep a full folder of installation files for low-size games on your hard drive or on CDs,but be sure that your action is not illegal.

3.After re-installing the windows my game doesn't execute at all.
After re-installing windows you have to install display driver (many times included in your garphic card CD)
and sound card driver

I don't think that any other problems occur ,but if anything else happened, make a topic about it and i might help you.

Edited by Scarlett, 03 September 2006 - 08:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users