Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Purchase Template: Professional Laptop for Landscape Architect/Urban Planner

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kate2

Kate2

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 28 January 2017 - 10:14 AM

Laptop or Desktop?  Laptop

My budget for the new computer is: $1200- $1500

What are the primary uses for this computer (IE: mail, web browsing, programming, games, etc)?  graphics and landscape plan production, report writing, web, email

What software do you intend on using on the computer? AutoCad, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Sketch-Up

Do you play games? If so, what type of games? No

Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it?  Several programs open at a time

Do you store a lot of pictures or music on the computer? Yes - Pictures and graphics 

Will you be overclocking?   Not sure what this means

Location for online shopping/shipment/prices?   United States

How many monitors are you planning to use?  One

Do you need peripherals? OS?   Will need upgraded OS - (currently have Windows 7).  Will need wireless mouse, printer, and (I have an external hard drive).

Any particular reason why you are upgrading?  My current computer (a Dell Precision M4500) is 6 years old.  I installed the current Adobe Creative Suite 2017 and it running too slow for me to use.  I am open to PC - Dell or a Mac.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 28 January 2017 - 04:20 PM

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/productdetails/xps-13-9360-laptop

#3 Kate2

Kate2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 28 January 2017 - 05:49 PM

Thank you for your suggestion!  I will investigate this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users