Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Size Screw Driver Do I Need To Remove Two Tiny Screws Inside The Asus Chrom

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Netuzist

Netuzist

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 PM

Posted 28 January 2017 - 10:05 AM

Here's my dilemma I want to upgrade the stock ssd that came with my Asus Chromebox to a better faster one. However, upon removing the four screws that are at the base of this device, I discovered that there are two smaller screws that are holding the stock Sandisk solid state drive down in place. One is where the wireless/bluetooth card is, the other is where the solid state drive is. In this youtube video you'll see the tech pointing to the two screws that I'm "talking" about.  So simply fast forward the video to 2:20 and play it and you'll see the tech about to point to the two little screws that need to be removed in order to swap the ssd out.  So those are the two screws I'm referring to.  Therefore, what size/number screw driver do I need to remove these two little screws ? Anyone here who has dealt with hand held electronics before should be able to answer this one. Thanks in advance for any help that you and/or others provide.

Edited by hamluis, 28 January 2017 - 11:27 AM.
Moved from System Building to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 IPLondon

IPLondon

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 28 January 2017 - 11:55 AM

not trying to be flippant but why dont you try all the screw bits in a standard scredriver set available at poundland or try a spectacle repair kit, these have the smallest bits.

#3 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 28 January 2017 - 11:49 PM

https://www.walmart.com/c/kp/mini-screwdriver-sets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users