Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse and keyboard won't work

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bethan

Bethan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2017 - 04:15 AM

I have searched google for ages and I can't find a solution to this problem.

Let me start by saying that I know nothing about computers so I'll need the solution to be really simplified.

I have a HP Pavilion x360 15-bk062sa and I was simply using chrome, when this thing popped up:

2jcsfhc.png

When this pops up, I cannot move my mouse. It took me a while to realize that it's linked to the volume, but when I did, I turned it up, but it just kept going back down automatically. I tried doing the setting thingy where I select "do nothing" on a volume thing and I've tried restarting my laptop.

For now, all I've done is set my cursor to show up when I press control, and I can now use the mouse when pressing it.

But how can I fix this?

Thank you!

Note: I meant to title this mouse and volume

Edited by Bethan, 28 January 2017 - 05:01 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ryanon

Ryanon

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 28 January 2017 - 05:10 AM

For Volume:

• Click start and type sound and hit enter (to open the Sound window). Or you can alternatively right-click on the sound icon in the tray area and select Sounds.
  • Select the Playback tab and then right-click on the Speakers and select Properties.
  • Go to Enhancements tab (if you have it) and uncheck Disable all sound effects (or any similar thing you might have in there.)

In terms of mouse, just make sure the touchpad is properly enabled:

Open the Settings menu (Start > Settings) and go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click Additional mouse options.

The Mouse Properties window will open. Click the tab furthest to the right (it may be called ELAN or Device Settings).

Under Devices check to see that your touchpad is not disabled. If it is disabled, click the touchpad to select it and then click Enable.

Then check your drivers if that doesn't work:

First, right-click the Start button and click Control Panel. From the Control Panel window, open the Device Manager.

In the Device Manager, go to Mice and other pointing devices and find your touchpad. 

Right-click on your touchpad and click Update Driver Software...

Your computer will check the Internet for updated driver software and, hopefully, update accordingly. But if your computer can't find an updated driver, you may have to look for the updated driver by yourself. To do this, go to your laptop manufacturer's website and look for their downloads section. Here, you should be able to find any updated drivers that the laptop manufacturer or the touchpad manufacturer has released for your specific device. If you can't find this section, just Google "[LAPTOP MODEL] Windows 10 touchpad driver."

Once you've downloaded the new driver from you laptop manufacturer's site, you can try installing it. If this doesn't work, you may want to first uninstall the old driver and then re-install the new driver. To do this, go back to the Device Manager, right-click on your touchpad, and click Uninstall. Then re-install the new driver (that you just downloaded) and restart your computer if necessary.

You can also do the same with your playback/volume drivers on the manager and then I'd recommend restarting the computer again.

If it is a mouse, you can probably look around on the same places (The mouse properties window, check its fully connected and enabled) and you can check the drivers for your connected mouse on the device manager and follow the same process

I hope this helps.

Edited by Ryanon, 28 January 2017 - 05:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users