Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot access a specific website

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 thomas0660

thomas0660

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:36 AM

Hi everyone ! 

Since about a week or so I cannot access a website that I used to before. 
I tried different browser, none of them worked. I did not change anything in my Wifi or laptop parameters so I really do not know where it comes from.

Everytime I want to access this website, the 'this site can't be reached...' message appears, very frustrating

If anyone has experienced this once Please help me ><
Thanks !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 waveydavey

waveydavey

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 28 January 2017 - 03:25 AM

Yes I had this problem and I downloaded it of a different site and also switched of my antivirus,then when downloaded switched it on again.

#3 thomas0660

thomas0660
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2017 - 05:04 AM

Thanks for your reply but did not work for me ><

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 29 January 2017 - 01:25 AM

Have you tried it on another computer or on a friend's computer (or smartphone or tablet) that is not necessarily using your Internet connection? This is more to verify that there is nothing wrong with the specific website in general.

If that works, the next step would be to try another device on your Internet connection. This is to try to see if it is something related to your Internet connection.

The last step (if possible) would be to try your computer at a friend's house (i.e. another Internet connection). This would be to see if it is something related to your computer.

BTW, what is the model of the Mac and which version of the macOS are you running? And which browser are you using? Have you tried another browser (i.e. if using Safari, try Chrome and/or Firefox to see if they get you to the website)?

#5 thomas0660

thomas0660
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2017 - 01:29 AM

Yes I have tried Chrome and Safari, none of them worked.  Im using MacOS Sierra for months now.

I went to a coffee and other places and I could access this website so I definitely think it comes from my internet connection ><.  Also this specific website doesnt work either on my smartphone

Thank for your help! 

#6 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 29 January 2017 - 01:43 AM

Yes I have tried Chrome and Safari, none of them worked.  Im using MacOS Sierra for months now.

I went to a coffee and other places and I could access this website so I definitely think it comes from my internet connection ><.  Also this specific website doesnt work either on my smartphone

Thank for your help!

Yes, that does suggestion that it is an issue with your Internet connection. I will likely suggest that the moderators move this post over to the Networking forum as you likely will get more/better help with your issue there.

In the mean time, what kind of Internet connection do you have? Cable? DSL? Fiber? Satellite? Dial-up (if so, then I feel for you :grinner:)?

If it is a "broadband" connection (i.e. cable, DSL, fiber, etc), do you have a separate router? Or is it a combo router/modem/WiFi access point that is provided by your ISP (i.e. you rent it)? If you do have a separate router, have you tried by passing the router (i.e. connecting the laptop directly to the modem...this might require using an ethernet connection...see next paragraph)? In either case, have you tried rebooting the devices (i.e. modem and router or modem/router combo)?

Based upon your original post, it seems like you are using WiFi for the connection. If so, have you tried connecting your laptop by ethernet (if you can...i.e. if you have an ethernet port or an adapter/dongle for ethernet since most recent Mac laptops don't have ethernet but can having it "added" by way of a USB or Thunderbolt adapter)? Trying to determine if it is something related only to WiFi (admittedly, this is unlikely, but best to rule it out).

Are you using the ISPs DNS service? If so, have you tried another DNS service, if you can? For example, the Google Public DNS is at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for IPv4.

And last, have you tried calling your ISP? I realize that this is usually more painful that slamming a car door on your hand, but it might be something on their end that they can fix...assuming that they are aware of the issue.

#7 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 29 January 2017 - 03:47 AM

Change DNS servers and what internet site we talking about  ?

As well don't use any kind of security software that interferes with your ability to surf the net, meaning anything that messes with your browser.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users