Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fuzzy disorented screen upon boot up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 glyco

glyco

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 28 January 2017 - 12:43 AM

Hi there I am having some issues regarding my fathers pc.   It recently stopped working on him I have no idea why neither does he.  He said he was watching a Youtube video over night and slept only to wake up in the morning finding his pc would not turn on when he would check his mail. 

Basically when you boot it up the screen is all fuzzy and disoriented it looks like the Matrix digital rain background, its not that fuzzy you can read out a little bit of what you see, I could see the HP boot start up then it would proceed to a command prompt where windows is starting.   Then thats pretty much it would just stop at that.

At first I thought it was the monitor and cable, so I got a brand new monitor I had back in the closet it even came with its VGA/power cord.   I tested it it out and windows still starts up disoriented and fuzzy.  

I tried booting up Linux I installed on my flash drive I wasn't able to do so because I couldn't make out what was appearing in my screen.

Here is my GFX card information (Its integrated)

• Manufacturer: Pegatron

• Form factor: microATX - 24.4 cm (9.6 inches) x 24.4 cm (9.6 inches)

• Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

• Memory sockets: 2 x DDR2

• Front side bus speeds: 2000MT/s (2.0 GT/s)

• Processor socket: AM2+

• Expansion Slots:

• 1 PCI Express x16 slot for graphics card

• 2 PCI Express x1 slots

• 1 PCI slot

Computer specs

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03212723

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 28 January 2017 - 06:38 AM

The onboard grafix were junk to start with and it sounds like its tost but at lest the rest of the mobo works, my self i would get a $10~$20 used video card if you only need something basic for a none gamer system and dissabled the onboard video in the bios, as well check the system for dust and your heat levels as your at it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users