Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc freeze and artefacts on screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Slavrix

Slavrix

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:09 PM

My pc started freezing when I opened a game. And there were artefacts on the screen.
I updated my drivers, (clean install not express)
Cleaned out the computer, reseated the graphics cards and ram and every plug I could.

Tried again and it now happens when I turn the computer on, not just when I open a game.

I'm running
Z68XP-UD4
16GB DDR3
I5-2500K@3.3ghz (stock speed)
Gtx780 (main)
Gtx680(set to physx)

In the main I'm running 3 monitors, 1in hdmi 2 in dvi with hdmi adaptors

~edit1
I can get into safe mode, but can't load normal at all
~edit2
I was able to load up into normal after I entered safe mode.
~edit3
Opening a game after about 30 seconds it froze again and the artefacts popped up.

Next I'll try without the physx
Then I'll try reducing the monitors
Incase any of that helps.

Edited by Slavrix, 27 January 2017 - 09:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:57 PM

I use to see that kind of thing when pushing too hard on a video card overclock and when you see that it meant it was time to slow the overclock down, you can all so see this kind of thing when you have video card damage, i know i used a video card for years at one point that had damaged video ram at one point because i got the thing used and the other dude that use to own it didn't know how to overclock a video card and pushed too hard on it and ended up damaging it, only thing i can think of that might help your problem is to underclock the video card some and or improve cooling and see if that helps, if it dousen't then i would say replace the video card with anything just for testing and see if that changes things and or try the video card in a friends computer/different computer to see if the problem is still their meaning its the video card.

Id all so try the cards by the self's seeing as you have two and see if theirs any problems with em in that mode for testing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users