Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video playback impaired

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cramie10

cramie10

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:45 PM

I run a windows 8.1 Acer Aspire laptop. Everything was working fine until at midday today, video playback started "going a bit weird".

First, when in firefox, sound would not play when I tried to play videos on youtube. The videos also loaded extremely slowly. I noticed at the same time that no videos would play at all in firefox, on any website.

Then, locally stored videos started behaving exactly the same way.

On chrome, videos are playing fine. I don't understand the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: The problem seems to be with audio playback. I've checked all the drivers and everything seems fine. I'm not sure what to do next.

Edited by cramie10, 27 January 2017 - 07:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,585 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:20 PM

Chrome comes with flash installed in it.  Firefox doesn't.  I'm guessing that you have adobe flash installed on this computer?  If this is the case uninstall the adobe flash in the Programs and Features, then reinstall it.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users