Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Will the following computer suit my multitasking needs?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Omersho

Omersho

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2017 - 04:53 PM

Hey everyone,
I would like to buy a laptop that can easily handle the fact I usually open up 30 windows/tabs (I'm not exaggerating) simultaneously, without "stealing" some precious time from me (which is not really fulfilled by my 4.5 years old Asus K53E, Intel Core i3-2330M CPU 2.20GHz, 4GB RAM). I also need it to cost 800$ or less. I wondered if you can tell me what do you think about the following computer of HP ( HP 250 G5, Z2Y31ES):
Intel Core i7-6500 3.1GHz
8 GB DDR4-2133 Mhz Turbo Ram
256 GB SuperSpeed M.2 SSD
Intel HD Graphics DirectX® 12
15,6" Full-HD Display, LED-Backlight
Wireless Lan AC, Gigabit Lan, Bluetooth
USB 3.0, USB 2.0, DTS Studio-Sound

I would appreciate any honest opinion! happy.gif

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:38 PM

:confused: There's no comparison. An i7-6500U will stomp all over an i3-2330M.

#3 Planemaster2

Planemaster2

• Members
  • 362 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 28 January 2017 - 05:07 AM

That computer should be fine. The CPU is pretty good and 8 GB of RAM is hard to max out under ordinary use anyway.

#4 Omersho

Omersho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2017 - 05:07 AM

Well, the i3-2330M is my current computer, but the main question is if the i7 I talked about is a good computer...

#5 Omersho

Omersho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2017 - 05:17 AM

That computer should be fine. The CPU is pretty good and 8 GB of RAM is hard to max out under ordinary use anyway.

Thanks! :)

#6 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,335 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:32 AM

Between the SSD and the 8GB of RAM you should be covered.

What is most likely bogging down your current machine is 4GB of RAM and a mechanical hard drive.  When your machine is out of RAM it writes to the hard drive.  If you're stressing the machine RAM then your hard drive is constantly in use.  I run 4GB of RAM on my work machine with three browser windows, Outlook, notepad, and OneNote open.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users