Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer not connecting; Win says offline, unable to turn online

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bhl

bhl

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 27 January 2017 - 03:51 PM

I've followed the basic instructions on the web to no avail.

- Control Panel Device and Printers shows HP 8610 (network) as set to default and being offline.   I tried removing the device but it's not removing. 

- Device Manager does not list Printers.  Print Queue does not list the HP device.

- The HP All-in-1 Remote app sees the device and indicates that it is online.

The connection is wireless and the printer shows that it is connected to the network.  We are able to communicate via the network to a tablet.

The only other bit of information is that there was a storm last week, and a branch fell and took the power out.  This is at my aunt's home and she said it wasn't working after that.

Also of note, the speaker on the monitor (hardwired to the computer) is also not working even though device manager says everything is functioning properly.  I switched the cable from the rear to the front and no change.

Ideas anyone?  Thanks in advance.

:axe: 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 27 January 2017 - 03:59 PM

Here are instructions for how to remove a printer from Windows 10.

You would have to test the monitor speaker with something else, your smart phone perhaps, to see if the speaker is still working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users