My laptop got a BSOD, something about having to shut down because of an infinite loop. Startup repair was and still is unable to resolve any issues. When I started my laptop in safe mode i was able to start it up and I scanned my laptop for malware using malwarebytes' anti malware. (My avast antivirus was nowhere to find?) The report showed a few infections and some programs i might not want. I removed the infections and tried to turn on my laptop but now i'm not even able to start in safe mode.
What I see now:
- starting windows normally starts CHKDSK(i planned this when safe mode was still working) which gives no bad result. after which it restarts and hangs on a black screen after showing the windows logo.
- starting in safe mode starts loading the list of drivers, but hangs on amdkmpfd.sys (does this mean something is wrong with the graphics driver?) after which it goes to a black screen(like starting windows in normal mode).
- OS: WIndows 7(64x) Home Premium installed on a 128SSD, and another 500GB HDD just for my documents
- I have a windows 7 installation disk and a disk containing all drivers of my laptop.
- I read the post about creating a log so you could take a look at it, but i'm unable to as i can't start my pc. If you have an idea on how to create these logs in another way please point me that particular thread on how to do it/tell me what to do.
This is the report of Windows Startup repair before I removed the infections:
I hope you can help me out. Thanks
PS: if not able to fix it, it would be ok to reinstall windows but I haven't done this yet.
Edited by vphs, 27 January 2017 - 11:38 AM.