Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is there a way to maintain two Adobe Acrobat Reader windows visible?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Prince-of_pol_

Prince-of_pol_

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 27 January 2017 - 05:03 AM

Back in the day when I was using Windows XP I had this language learning method, keeping two .pdf's side by side, a book in the original version on the left and a translated version of the right. If not, then can I copy it in Word somehow without a new paragraph being added every two lines?

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 27 January 2017 - 05:33 PM.
Moved from Win 8.1 to 'All other applications'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,626 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:28 PM

I'm not quite certain how to answer this question.  It's been possible to drag a window and have it snap to half of the screen with another on the other half in Windows for quite a while now.  You could always do this manually before the automatic "snap to half screen" feature.

You can definitely have two Acrobat Reader windows open at the same time.  You could also install an alternate PDF reader, and there are scads of them, and have one open in Acrobat Reader and the second open in Foxit Reader, PDF-XChange Editor, or similar.

There seems to be something missing from the original problem statement.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#3 Prince-of_pol_

Prince-of_pol_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 28 January 2017 - 02:42 AM

I'm not quite certain how to answer this question.  It's been possible to drag a window and have it snap to half of the screen with another on the other half in Windows for quite a while now.  You could always do this manually before the automatic "snap to half screen" feature.

You can definitely have two Acrobat Reader windows open at the same time.  You could also install an alternate PDF reader, and there are scads of them, and have one open in Acrobat Reader and the second open in Foxit Reader, PDF-XChange Editor, or similar.

There seems to be something missing from the original problem statement.

I can't have them visible simultaneously, if I click on one the other minimizes. If I press Alt-Tab the other doesn't even appear. I'm going to look for an alternative reader, there's a feature I need though, replacing colors to white on black so it doesn't strain my eyes.

"Edited by Chris Cosgrove, Today, 12:33 AM.
Moved from Win 8.1 to 'All other applications'"

It's about a Windows 8.1 feature...

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,626 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 28 January 2017 - 09:10 AM

If this were an issue with your Win8.1 installation in general the issue should apply to any two windows you'd wish to have showing on the desktop "side by side."

If you are used to Adobe Reader I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that fixes this issue if the issue is not occurring with other programs.  If it is occurring with other programs then your question would be Windows related, but not specific to any one program.  Your original question appears to be very specifically focused on an issue with Adobe Reader, not Windows itself.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#5 rustlep

rustlep

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:58 PM

I hope it must helpful

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users