Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting BSODs when playing games

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Archenson

Archenson

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2017 - 01:07 AM

I've been getting a lot of BSODs when playing games ever since having a used but reliable motherboard installed into a PC I bought off someone a few months ago. The motherboard is from an older PC which is 4 years old, the newer PC is 2 years. I've tried a lot of different things, from doing a thorough memory test, to switching the graphics card into different PCI slots, plugging in the computer into different wall outlets, I downgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 7 on a freshly formatted drive and clean install. I cannot for the life of me figure out what's wrong.

I notice that there are a lot of WHEA-Logger Event ID 19 issues that happen within seconds or minutes apart only when I'm playing games. Initially just the games crash after a few minutes, but sometimes they jsut straight up cause a BSOD.

I'm sorry if I'm missing any information, it's very late for me right now so I'm tired.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

OS - Windows 7
· x64
· Clean install of Windows 7
· 2 years (Motherboard, CPU and RAM is 4 years)
· Age of OS installation - A few weeks old

· CPU - Processor Intel® Core™ i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

· Video Card - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card
· MotherBoard - Intel DZ77RE-75k
· Power Supply - EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

· Heat Sink - Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Computer is custom built

· Desktop

Attached Files

Edited by Archenson, 27 January 2017 - 12:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:12 AM

heat sinks what ?

#3 Archenson

Archenson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2017 - 12:05 PM

Sorry about that, added the heat sink to the main post:

Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

#4 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2017 - 04:41 PM

MY self i would probably underclock the hole system and put it in safe mode so to speak then move on to hardware diagnosis on all levels, mind doing the following as well.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

As well bios up to date ?

#5 Archenson

Archenson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:03 PM

Speccy Snapshot:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/4MrgMdtpXOlzMjC5Wdw7UOj

BIOS is updated to the latest version, though that one is several years old.

I noticed I get a large amount of WHEA-Logger Event ID 19 in Event Viewer only when I am playing games. I never get this when using normal desktop applications or watching videos.

#6 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:49 AM

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/961080/event-id-19-occurs-on-windows-server-2008-or-windows-vista-service-pack-1-based-computers-that-use-intel-nehalem-processors

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=19&eventno=9845&source=Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger&phase=1

Well like i was saying you could do a underclock setup and see what happens, id do a over night run of prime95 too as you sleep and see what happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users