Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

folders created in c: d: and c:\users - virus?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 orihalori

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:03:59 PM

Posted 26 January 2017 - 10:56 AM

for some strange reason my PC keeps creating 2 folders in C: drive D: drive and in C:Users and Documents - that is 2 folders in each place.

all these folders have strange names such as: Akyssvg3  Aworking207  Vpackage116.... etc.

each folder contains a number of files: pem files, word files, jpegs, txt files, sql files and the such.

when i attempt to open these files the program (word for instance) opens, but the file wont - it is corrupt...

(the files have interesting names too : aircraft-cabin-argue-catholic - a doc file ; lung-cat - jpeg.... and so on)

i am able to delete all these folders, but after i close the windows explorer or move to a different directory, new folders are created instead, with different names and different files in them!

can this be fixed? or is this normal behavior?

thanks in advance

Edited by hamluis, 26 January 2017 - 11:06 AM.
Moved from MRL to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 orihalori

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:03:59 PM

Posted 05 February 2017 - 04:26 PM

I just found out what caused the files to be created - a program that is supposed to guard against ransom-ware call Cybereason. 

uninstalled it - and problem is solved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users