Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Update Error 0x800705b4

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nevans07

nevans07

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 25 January 2017 - 11:02 PM

Dear BleepingComputer Staff,
Hi. My name is Nathaniel Evans. I really respect what you do. You've saved me before. I really need your help. My Windows 10 Aspire E1-532-2616 stopped updating a few days ago. I can no longer update. I tried all the automatic windows troubleshooting. I did the advanced options-unchecked the update other Microsoft products box as I was advised from the bulk of google searches. I restored to an earlier time. I restored to a back up. I still can't get Windows 10 to update. It updates to 5% then gives me update error 0x800705b4. Please help!

Thank you for your time.

Best Regards,
Nathaniel Evans

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 26 January 2017 - 05:59 PM

Please use below Windows Update troubleshooting tools.

Download and run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/512a5183-ffab-40c5-8a68-021e32467565/windows-update-troubleshooter

Automatically reset Windows Update components

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

Posted Image

#3 nevans07

nevans07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2017 - 05:53 PM

Thank you so much for responding FreeBooter!!! I did the troubleshooter and reset as stated above. It downloaded 100% but never installed. It just hung. I restarted then it hung at 9% downloading. I did Tweak Windows Repair SFC it said everything fine except I have a corrupt update database that 1 Fix it couldn't do. I'm now running chkdsk fix and it hangs at 11% complete. What to do now O wise Master?" Ha :) Best Regards, Nathaniel Evans

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:50 PM

Lets delete downloaded Windows cache updates and re-download them again.

Please open the Command Prompt by simply holding down the BxVxp04.png + X keys and select the option “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.

rS4b5c0.jpg

Execute following command one at time and for each command you have typed press Enter key.

Sc Stop wuauserv

Rd /s /q C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution

After finish executing the commands restart your computer and try installing the Windows updates.

Posted Image

#5 nevans07

nevans07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2017 - 12:00 AM

Master FreeBooter!! Chkdsk 4hrs later finished its fixes. The computer told me to restart the computer to "install" updates. I did. The updates were installed successfully!!!! So far so good.

THANK YOU THANK YOU FREBOOTER FOR YOUR TIME AND COMPASSION.From the bottom of my heart. Thank you. I really appreciate what you do.

Peace & Blessings,

Nate Evans

Continued Success..

#6 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2017 - 08:34 AM

You are very welcome @nevans07, glad to know your issue has been resolved!

Take Care!

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users