Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disconnects and Crashing on two computers through wifi

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 particle0

particle0

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:45 PM

I'm having an interesting problem with one computer crashing and another disconnecting. And when the other crashes, the first disconnects. I have run sfc /scannow on both computers, came up with nothing. I've run Malwarebytes and CCleaner on both, they came up with nothing. I've done chkdsk on all 4 drives, they're all fine. I've run memtest and windows memory diagnostic. Everything is checking out. So the only thing I can come up with is that somehow my router is messing up... Any help would be appreciated.

The first computer will crash to a blue screen with a generic hardware problem. The second will simply shut down with no blue screen, straight to black. 

Both are running a version of Windows 7. 

Network-wise, I'm running:

Modem: Netgear CM600
Router: Belkin AC1600 DB Wifi Dual Band AC Model F9K1119V1

My wife said her computer ran just fine when I wasn't using mine. I've not yet tested it the other way around. I've repasted the processors on both to make sure it wasn't a heat issue and I've run heat monitoring software on both. All temps remain in normal range. My 12v rail is putting out ~12v and both 8v rails are fine as well. I've checked everything and I'm just... at my end here. Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 26 January 2017 - 12:40 PM

How are the two computers connected to the router?  wifi or Ethernet?

Are you using remote connection between the two computer?

Regarding the rail voltages.  There are three main voltages, +12V, +5V, and +3.3V.  There is not 8V rail.  How are you reading the rail voltages?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 particle0

particle0
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2017 - 01:02 PM

They're both WiFi connected. Mine(computer A) is a USB wifi stick. An ASUS USB-N13. Hers(Computer B)has a wireless card placed into the motherboard. I was thinking something else on the 8v thing. The 12v rail is putting out 11.9-12.04v and the 5 and 3.3v are putting 5.06v and 3.13v respectively. I use HWmonitor to check them. 

After Computer B turns off it will sometimes refuse to turn back on, getting past the bios and then shutting down again while loading windows. Mine does not do that, it simply restarts fully. I've gone into Event Viewer to see if either is throwing an error code but all I see is a 41(it turned off unexpectedly) on both, as if that's useful.

Edit: There is no remote connection between them.

Edited by particle0, 26 January 2017 - 01:03 PM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 26 January 2017 - 01:08 PM

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.

The one piece of information the Speccy will not provide is the make and model of your PSU.  If you know what it is please post this along with the Speccy link which will be generated.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy...1png_zpsr3irze6o.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy...2_zpsia3rp09d.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy...3_zpsnj1twsfh.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 particle0

particle0
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2017 - 01:27 PM

Computer A:

PSU: Coolmax ZX-500

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/40Xlz8IWRFrtcz7gR7omWak

Computer B: