Posted 25 January 2017 - 09:49 PM
All of the sudden, out of the blue, but for days now, whenever I attempt to access google.com or any site on the google domain in Internet Explorer and Edge on my Windows 10 pc, I get a 'Hmm, we cant reach this page.' error. However, I am able to reach all other websites I've tried. AND, I CAN successfully reach google.com in Chrome on the same pc.
Things I've tried:
- Reset IE to defaults (no way to do the same for Edge)
- Confirmed no proxy server or specific DNS specified
- Cleared cache in both browsers
- Flushed DNS cache
- Reset network adapter and settings to defaults on pc
- Ran Malwarebytes and fixed all issues found (minor)
- Ran CCleaner on file system and registry
- Confirmed no uncommented lines in my hosts file
- Successfully pinged google.com
- Rebooted pc after every change
- Rebooted modem and router
One weird thing I noticed is that when I ping google.com, it uses an IPV6 address, but I get replies with no loss. However, when I force IPV4 ping with a -4, I also get replies. Using Google's IP in the browser results in same error.
What's going on here!?!