Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Second Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 icyfall

icyfall

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 30 August 2006 - 11:34 PM

ok i'm full of computer problems today but i need only ask this other question. i tried downloading adobe flash player 9 by clicking on the yellow bar that kept appearing on the top of my screen. ok nothing happened. so i went to the source and tryed downloading it from the site nothing. well i had to go into my control panel to check on something else and i saw that it was on my computer but it was just the installer. well i don't have my search working on my computer to find this file and it wasn't an icon on my desktop so i wanted to remove it via control panel and redowload it hopeing it would work better. i try removing only to see a black screen pop up for micro seconds then disappear. no matter how many times i tried to remove it that way it would always have the same result. so here i am now. confused and lost, looking for some advice on to how to fix this problem. can someone help me here? thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:06 AM

i tried downloading adobe flash player 9 by clicking on the yellow bar that kept appearing on the top of my screen.

I am guessing that this yellow bar appears in Internet Explorer when you visit certain sites, right? Reboot your computer and revisit that site and see if the site works now.

There is a feature on the site that requires flash player 9.

I am not sure if I am answering your question completely, but let's start here. And also, it might be helpful if you gave us the URL to the website you are trying to get on.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 icyfall

icyfall
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2006 - 02:35 PM

i tried restarting the computer and i even turned it off over night. im sorry i was careless enough to not mention what site i was on that i needed the flash player. i was trying to acess my myspace acount and i recieved a message that they were switching things to flash player 9 to make things more secure. shrugs i dont know why it wont down load even after restarting and that. any sugestions?

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2006 - 02:41 PM

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/do...=ShockwaveFlash

Is this where you are getting the download?

You can verify which version you have installed here:
http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about/

Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 31 August 2006 - 02:44 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2006 - 02:48 PM

The "Yellow Bar" you referenced is a prompt to allow something to download, probably an Active X component.
Click it where it says, "Click Here", not the "X" to close the prompt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users