I recently bought Blitzkrieg Anthology (1, Burning Horizon and Rolling Thunder) online from Steam, knowing beforehand the risk of having compatibility issues with the Windows 10 Home 64bit on my computer, given that it is XP based software.
Accordingly , I HAVE been experiencing constant crashes, with, essentially, processor usage skyrocketing to a full 100% after around 30 to 45 mins of play, and the end result of a frozen screen.
I am actually using this set of fixes:
- Executing in compatibility mode for Windows XP (SP3)
- Setting affinity to the "0" core of the processor (Pentium R G3250 3.20Ghz Dual Core)
- Using 16-bit reduced color mode
- Running the software as Administrator
- Disabling display scaling on high DPI settings
- Including the entire package as Data Execution Prevention exceptions
But with a couple of crashes last night just when I thought everything was finally right, I don't what else to do...
By the way, GPU is Intel® HD Graphics.