Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Delayed delivery messages in Outlook 2007

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cynthia Moore

Cynthia Moore

• Members
  • 317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 25 January 2017 - 09:24 AM

If I try to exit Outlook when there are unsent messages in the outbox, I get a warning message saying that there are unsent messages in the Outbox and asking if I really want to exit. The box has two action buttons: (1) "Exit without sending" and (2) "Don't exit". This would be OK if the "Exit without sending" button actually worked. It doesn't. It merely resets the 30 second timer. This hasn't been much of a problem, because most emails are send instantly so there is rarely anything in the outbox.

Recently, I have been using the Delay Delivery feature to send reminders to clients, but schedule them for delivery a few days before a meeting or deadline that is weeks in the future. This is handy as I then don't have to set a reminder for myself. The downside is that I now frequently have unsent emails in the outbox, so I run into the 30 second countdown timer bug almost every time I try to close Outlook.

And recently, it has gotten worse. If I do nothing at all and just wait, it now goes through the 30 second countdown twice and sometimes three times.

Is there any cure for this little surprise treat from the Microsoft developers? Is there any way to get the "Exit without sending" button to work? Is there any way to get Outlook to only put up this warning if there are unsent messages in the outbox that are not Delay Delivery?

If not, is there any way disable or bypass the warning message entirely when exiting Outlook even if there are unsent emails in the Outbox?

This is getting really annoying and inconvenient.

As far as I know, I have all of the latest updates installed.

Running Win 10 & Office 365.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 688 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 25 January 2017 - 06:49 PM

The "Exit  without Sending" seems to be working okay here. (Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 / Part of Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007").

What about clicking the Send/Receive button, want a few seconds and then try exiting?

In Outlook, have you tried running through the "Help > Office Diagnostics..."?

#3 Cynthia Moore

Cynthia Moore
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:20 PM

The "Exit  without Sending" seems to be working okay here. (Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 / Part of Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007").

What about clicking the Send/Receive button, want a few seconds and then try exiting?

That didn't make any difference.

In Outlook, have you tried running through the "Help > Office Diagnostics..."?

No, but I did accidentally discover a workaround. If I switch the view from Messages to Contacts and then exit, the Exit without Sending button works.

I'm getting really of at finding these workarounds. I guess it's because the geniuses in the Office team give me so much practice.

Running Win 10 & Office 365.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users