Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is the go to consol for win 8.1 home editions to control users/groups/perm

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JD-0021

JD-0021

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 25 January 2017 - 01:10 AM

I am studying IT. I am currently studying for my second A+ Certification and I am at the section in the course called Users, Groups, and Permissions. Which is really awesome. But... the problem is that the tools they are teaching are for Windows 8.1 pro and up. Or so I have noticed so far. For example Local Users and Groups mmc. Don't have it for my version. Also, SecPol.MSc. Don't have it. This is a problem because I still need to be able to configure the permissions and groups for the computer. Have exhausted my time messing with users in control panel. And have spent significant time with properties permissions menus. Slowly learning what it all means. Pain in the ass. There is something I'm missing. There has got to be some centralized consol for groups,permissions, etc. For home editions. Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users