Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I clean my laptop screen?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Scarface99

Scarface99

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:26 PM

I got some unsightly stains just from wiping with a barely wet soft handkerchief. Just how can I make it go away?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 687 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:49 PM

Hopefully the screen has not been scratched.

From now on, use "Monster ScreenClean" with the microfiber cloth that comes in the package. Spray the cloth (not the screen) to moisten part of it, then wipe the screen with the damp portion of the cloth. You can also use it on your flat-screen TVs, cellphones, tablets, etc. When the microfiber cloth gets dirty, wash and dry it along with 'gentle' clothes so it doesn't get any dirt/sand embedded in it. And then use it to clean screens only.

Works for me, for a number of years. :)

Edited by SpywareDoc, 24 January 2017 - 06:52 PM.

#3 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:52 PM

http://www.wikihow.com/Clean-a-Laptop-Screen-with-Household-Products

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:09 AM

Avoid using fabric softener on the microfiber towels. It will leave residue behind causing the towel to not be as absorbent and will kill the static in the towel. Best to let them air dry as extreme heat will melt the fibers.

Edited by Sneakycyber, 08 February 2017 - 12:10 AM.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#5 andrew101

andrew101

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:35 AM

I got some unsightly stains just from wiping with a barely wet soft handkerchief. Just how can I make it go away?

Hey,

If your screen is not scratched then you can order some liquid products from online sellers to clean your laptop screen. I also suggest you to add screen guard to your laptop screen for better protection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users