Case priority: Very low.
I do have an issue with my laptop, but I'm looking to format it soon. Just very very curious to find out what the issue is. Maybe I won't have to format.
Warning: I have a tendency to be too brief. Only read if you have some spare time on your hands.
Hello! My name is Patrick. This is my post on this (and any other) forum!
I have an issue with my laptop!
It doesn't start correctly!
I have to disable Driver Signature Enforcement if I want to boot into windows
Here's a few details from the scene of the crime:
* One lovely night (not so lovely anymore), I decide to connect my new bluetooth headphones and listen to some videos designed to help people sleep.
* Everything was swell until I fell asleep with my laptop still on (I was on youtube and the autoplay feature was on). This didn't really help my data consumption, LOL.
* I woke up late at night and shut my laptop down. I started counting the seconds it took to shut down (I'm really jobless, even while I'm sleeping).
* It took my laptop well over 40 seconds to shut down. I did not look at the screen before I shut down, only that youtube had stopped playing.
* After I realized my laptop took way beyond the average time to shut down, I reopened the screen and saw that the screen was off, but I could still hear the fan on.. and the blue light indicator that the laptop is in fact, ON.
* FInally, as I was investigating, I accidentally turned it back on right as it completely turned off. Bummer, I said to myself. Now I had to wait another minute to shut it down and go back to sleep.
* Unfortunately, It wasn't that easy. Starting up took even longer. Then it went a little something like this:
Preparing Automatic Repair.
Your PC did not start correctly
Press "Restart" to restart your PC which can sometimes fix the problem. You can also press "Advanced options" to try other options to repair your PC.
[Restart] / [Advanced Options]
The day after the CRIME:
I spent an entire morning and afternoon searching for a fix. All i found were endless instructions of Reinstalling windows and Resetting my PC.
Until I stumbled upon the "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" button.
That button was the army coming to rescue me.
I need to use it every time I need to boot into freaking windows 10!!
What I tried:
I tried start up repair, and nearly every button in the troubleshoot options.
That's all you tried.. Patrick?
Lol.. no. .. well.. I did read thousands of articles.. including this:
Unfortunately, I didn't want to try all the steps in it because I'm sure I don't have a malware (I have bitdefender '17).
Hmmm.. a bad driver?
Could be those headphones, eh?
Well I connected them and uninstalled their driver. Still the same problem. I tried scanning my drivers and bla bla.. No free fixing softwares. ARGHH.
Thanks for joining me on this conquest. I hope we can resolve this issue together. Also, Thanks for reading. I just like remembering the day it all happened lol.
more notes: i have windows 10. Acer Aspire E 15.
intel core i5-6200 u 2.3 ghz bla bla bla
Even more notes: Like i said, I can boot into windows when I disable driver signature enforcement. But for how long.
OH_ I remembered!!
This happened to me before a few weeks earlier. I downloaded a virus and after I used malware bites to remove it, my pc did not start correctly after i restarted. I suspected the virus had like a kind of suicide plan designed to destroy a pc if antiviruses played a role.
I had to reset ( not a complete wipe ) (the keep my files one_IF ONLY IT KEPT EVERYTHING).
It solved the problem. I reinstalled my drivers and everything.
The next day, i downloaded another virus. lol. After that, i decided i needed an antivirus, So i bought one.
That is all. THANKS