Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple Blue Screens of Death.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 kwjamesblond

kwjamesblond

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:27 PM

Hello my desktop computer has been crashing a lot this past week.  In this past week twice whie booting up I have recieved the error Kernel Security Check Fallure and I have check The Driver Verifier Manager and also ran sfc scannow with no troubles.  Just today I was watching an online video for my College and the computer crashed giving the error message Critical Structure Corruption Error.  I checked the memory with the Windows Memory Diagnostice tool and everything checks out.   I got some help for this issue from another area of the forum and now this morning while booting my PC I got the error process has locked pages and after rebooting and typing in my password I recieved a blank screen with and a message popped up saying something about the system (I cannot remember what).  I was forced to reboot and now the system works.  I have Norton and ran a full scan a few days ago and did a rootkit scan as well.  I have windows 10 and my motherboard is a gigabyte ga-z170x-gamming 7.  I'm not sure if I have a virus but this computer should not be crashing every other day.  Also when I had first posted this issue the WER section of the MSINFO32 report only had two entries and I have not used any disk cleaning utility maybe this will help.

-Thanks

Edited by kwjamesblond, 24 January 2017 - 12:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,964 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 29 January 2017 - 07:07 PM

You probably did not get a reply because your issue is not one we deal with in this forum. I will move it to the Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support Forum  where we have experts who can assist with investigating crashes as you describe.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 kwjamesblond

kwjamesblond
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2017 - 07:49 PM

Just a little update because it has been a few days, I check the windows reliability report and it says my computer has not been properly shut down each night and I believe this is probably why it crashes every morning so I turned off fast startup.  I am afraid I have a virus because I downloaded and burned a copy of Norton Rescue Disc and after booting from the DVD, the Norton splash screen show up but then I get blank screen with an error message every minute or so with a bunch of hex numbers.  I have done everything they said in my previous post except update my BIOS cause I am afraid that it will kill my computer if it does not boot up after rebooting properly.

#4 kwjamesblond

kwjamesblond
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:36 PM

Here's the files!!

Attached Files

#5 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,968 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:43 PM

Greetings,

Sorry that we haven't gotten back to you about your BSODs — we sometimes get overwhelmed!!!

Unfortunately, there's no "definite diagnosis" from your memory dumps. There were several different bugchecks, and one blamed gdrv.sys, a driver related to Gigabyte Easy Saver. Actually gdrv.sys is quite infamous for causing BSODs, so please uninstall Gigabyte Easy Saver from the Control Panel.

I see that you have some Killer Networking software installed. Unfortunately, there's a bug in that program that causes BSODs. Please create a system restore point and reinstall your Killer Network drivers. Ensure that you install the latest Windows 10 compatible ones. Next, follow these instructions, to disable some Killer Networking components:

https://service.msicomputer.com/msi_user/support/techfaqdetail.aspx?formid=3054

If you're still continuing to have problems, I suggest you ALL of these hardware diagnostics (you had some Live Kernel Events):

www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

That's all I can think of for now until usasma comes around. :)

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#6 kwjamesblond

kwjamesblond
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:42 AM

Hey thanks for finally getting to me, I have looked in my Programs and Features and I do not see Gigabyte Easy Saver.  I think I might have tried to uninstall this last year and I guessing that part of the program remains.  I was wondering what the best action would be and if I could maybe find out the names of the Easy Saver programs to find and delete manually with the file manager or reinstall then uninstall.  I also looked into turning of the Killer Networking stuff and did not see any of the choices when I followed through with the tutorial.

-Thanks Again!!

#7 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,968 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:58 AM

Just uninstall "GIGABYTE" from the Control Panel. You should see an option to uninstall Easy Saver from there.  Next, to disable Killer Networking:

• Create a system restore point.
• Open Task Manager, and in the Startup tab, disable Killer Network Manager.
• Next, disable Killer Service v2 from services.msc

Thanks. :)

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#8 kwjamesblond

kwjamesblond
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:44 PM

The only Gigabyte thing I could find to uninstall in control panel was Gigabyte OC_Guru II, I still cannot find Easy Saver.  I still cannot see Killer Network Manager should I unistall it from the Control Panel?  I did exactly what you said but I do not see Killer Network Manager or Easy Saver.  Sorry

-Thanks

#9 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,968 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:46 PM

Let's try using Autoruns:

:step1: Autoruns by Sysinternals

• Download and save Autoruns from here.
• Right-click on Autoruns64.exe, select Run as administrator, and accept any User Account Control prompts.
• Wait for a minute or so, then go to File, Save..., and save the file to your Desktop. Use the default name and ensure that the file extension while saving is .arn.
• Zip and attach the file in your next post.

#10 kwjamesblond

kwjamesblond
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2017 - 03:55 PM

Here's the file

Attached Files

• Attached File  OA.zip   307.51KB   1 downloads

#11 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,968 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2017 - 04:05 PM

Now we can disable Killer Networking. :)

• Right-click on Autoruns64.exe, select Run as administrator, and accept any User Account Control prompts.
• Go to Options, and check Hide Empty Locations and Hide Microsoft Entries.
• Wait for a minute or so, then go to the Logon tab. Uncheck Killer Network Manager.Ink It's under the

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

area. You'll have to scroll down. :wink:
• Next, go to the Services tab, and uncheck Killer Service v2.
• Restart your computer. If your internet connection is broken, undo the steps we did above, and reboot.                  

#12 kwjamesblond

kwjamesblond
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2017 - 07:44 PM

Hello Thanks again I followed your instructions and unchecked the box's, What do I do about the Gigabyte Easy Saver should I manually delete the driver gdrv.sys or is this a bad idea?

#13 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,968 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2017 - 07:53 PM

DO NOT delete gdrv.sys. Doing so will probably render your computer unbootable. Have you experienced further BSODs?

As for GIGABYTE Easy Saver, I suspect it was bundled in a program called "GIGABYTE". Can you create a system restore point and uninstall "GIGABYTE" (or something like that) from the Control Panel?

Thanks.

Edited by bwv848, 06 February 2017 - 07:54 PM.

#14 kwjamesblond

kwjamesblond
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:03 PM

I have uninstalled everything with Gigabyte already from the control panel a few hours ago.  What about a virus is there a bootable rescue disc you would recommend or is this probably just driver related?

#15 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,968 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:19 PM

If you think you're infected, please post here:
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

This is the BSOD forum, and we don't deal with malware issues. However, I do suspect your BSODs were caused by GIGABYTE and your Killer Networking software.

Good luck! Don't forget to update us! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users