Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is it possible to download updates for an offline pc

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nagawolf

nagawolf

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 24 January 2017 - 10:53 AM

I have a tower I just reset and want to update it without putting it on line.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:53 AM

Yes, search Microsoft for its web site that will list all of the critical updates for Window 10; I looked in my bookmarks, all I have are the two pages for Windows 7.  Once you find the page for "fill in the WU number & download" and the page having a long list of WU available for downloads for Windows 10 -- you can download what you need and "sneaker-net" such to the tower awaiting.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 nagawolf

nagawolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:57 AM

Thank you

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:58 AM

You can create a ISO file from the update/s and install this on another computer.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10/how-to-create-a-bootable-iso-file-from-your/07590098-90a9-4c7e-b6fe-5ce1632daf4b

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 toofarnorth

toofarnorth

• Members
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:32 PM

This is a tool we use on a semi-regular basis.

If installed on a usb disk it will go through the whole process on its own, including rebooting the pc, logging in again and continuing the process.
It saves a lot of work if you do it more than once in a month.

http://download.wsusoffline.net/

HTH!

tfn

PS: I did try a search to see if I could find anything on if this tool is allowed or not, but nothing showed up.
If the mods don't approve, feel free to remove :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users