Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking for a cheap gaming PC..

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Ryanjr61

Ryanjr61

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 24 January 2017 - 09:56 AM

I am look for a cheap gaming PC. I can't find one in my bought 100 to 150. I am not looking for something   new. I just want to play newer games, and not have 10 FPS. I also when around Steam looking at the games I want to play like Crew Rfactor2, World of Warcraft, SpaceMade demo (That is the whole), and more MMOS Space games. Here is what I came up with :

CPU : 2.33 4 core Intel / amd or 4.00 2 core w/HT intel or better

Ram:8gb or better

Videocard: Gtx 760 or better 

HDD /SSD : SSD 180GB boot drive (I have a 1tb HDD already)

Windows or Linux I really don't care about the OS. 

The problem is that I am finding junk around my bought. :( I should also say that I have a ATX Micro case, but it's oldder. does someone know of a cheap MB , and CPU combo for like 70 to 80 USD?

I done the "Buy PC template"  to make it easy for you guys :)

Laptop or Desktop?

My budget for the new computer is:  100 to 150

What are the primary uses for this computer (IE: mail, web browsing, programming, games, etc)? games, and programming

What software do you intend on using on the computer? steam, opentoonz, chrome, Teamspeak3, mumble, and discord to name a few

Do you play games? If so, what type of games? MMOS, MMOSRPGs, FPS, RPG FPS, and racing games

Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it? Yes in Eve onlne at one I have had 4 eve clients, discord, teamspeak3, and Mumble going at once. 

Do you store a lot of pictures or music on the computer? no

Will you be overclocking? If I just so happen to get one I can I may

Location for online shopping/shipment/prices? Knoxville, TN

How many monitors are you planning to use? 4 at the most

Do you need peripherals? OS? Windows, but Linux is fine 2 

Any particular reason why you are upgrading? I may using a Computer form 2005, and really want to get in to Computers more now that PS3s are going out :( 

Edited by Ryanjr61, 24 January 2017 - 10:03 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,453 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:29 PM

You need far more budget unless buying used parts. Problem with used parts is that availability and price changes all the time.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:34 PM

Well...I don't think that "new games" and "older parts" belong in the same thought process...but I don't game and don't know.

IMO, there are a ton of refurbished systems available these days...but I doubt if any of them would qualify as "gaming systems", since many are former systems used by businesses.

IMO...gaming is GPU-intensive and your proposed budget may run into a problem there.

Louis

#4 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 681 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:48 PM

Rough pricing for what you're after:

MicroATX case - $20
Decent 450W PSU - $70
Decent LGA 1151 motherboard - $60
Intel Core i5-6400 (2.7GHz) - $185
8 GB RAM - $50
GTX 760 2GB - $240
180GB SSD - $90
(No Operating System)

Total - $715

#5 Planemaster2

Planemaster2

• Members
  • 362 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 25 January 2017 - 12:17 PM

$500 - $600 will get you a very capable gaming pc

#EDIT: Just realized this section isn't for building computers, just buying them. My mistake.

Mod Edit:  I edited/removed the data, although tempted to leave it.  If OP is serious about buying a gaming computer...the data supplied by SpywareDoc above suffices to give him a feel for potential costs - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 25 January 2017 - 12:54 PM.

#6 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,221 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2017 - 07:57 PM

I say you are better off building your own, its not as hard as it sounds and it will be cheaper and more flexible in the long run.

We just need a budget

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

xu847p-6.png

#7 Planemaster2

Planemaster2

• Members
  • 362 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2017 - 01:20 PM

Well, depending on your screens resolution, you could probably have an APU machine that would run most games at 720p. they are around $250 - $300 to build and really aren't that bad.

#8 Ryanjr61

Ryanjr61
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2017 - 03:10 AM

Thanks for the help. I seen a Youtube video where a guy was running a I5 2200k and I fought got the GPU but he was getting about 86 to 100 plus FPS. I seen the dell  OptiPlex 790 has one. I don't like pre-build Computers. I would good with building one it's not that hard right? I "game" on a ras. PI3, or a desktop form like 2005. something is better then nothing

#9 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,221 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2017 - 03:26 AM

Indeed its not that hard.

The only real hard parts are installing the CPU into the socket and closing the bracket (and it always feels like you are going to break something) and screwing the motherboard to the case.

Sometimes aftermarket cooolers are a pain too, but really depends on your cooler

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

xu847p-6.png

#10 Planemaster2

Planemaster2

• Members
  • 362 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2017 - 12:11 PM

Thanks for the help. I seen a Youtube video where a guy was running a I5 2200k and I fought got the GPU but he was getting about 86 to 100 plus FPS. I seen the dell  OptiPlex 790 has one. I don't like pre-build Computers. I would good with building one it's not that hard right? I "game" on a ras. PI3, or a desktop form like 2005. something is better then nothing

at $150, it will have to be a used parts PC to cut down the cost unfortunately. If you can save up a bit of money then $300 would certainly be doable and, as I said before, the optimum budget is price is around $500.

For $300, the best you could do is an APU PC that uses the R7 on die graphics with certain AMD processors. Honestly, you won't be able to play all the latest games at 1080p but if you have a monitor that displays in 720p then it will certainly be more manageable. At $150, you will have to do lots of digging around to find a reliable, cost effective list of used parts under 150$ or you would certainly be able to find a refurbished PC or two :)

Edited by Planemaster2, 27 January 2017 - 12:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users