Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Paypal needs a phone number to send money?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 noz03

noz03

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:51 AM

I am trying to receive a small payment from someone via paypal and the person says they need my phone number to send it... As I know this is not usual... Anyone have any idea? The person only has public information about me as I know, and having my phone number is obviously quite a normal thing. But anyone think this is something suspitious? Why would they say paypal is asking them my phone number to send a payment...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,272 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:55 AM

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/send-money-online

Louis

#3 noz03

noz03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2017 - 09:20 AM

Hmm, maybe they just got confused by the email address OR phone number part and thought they needed both.... Anyway I assume there is no security issue with them knowing my phone number as its pretty public info. Am just being paranoid I guess :)

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,272 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:11 AM

Considering the amount of phone spam that I receive daily...I see no point in worrying about who has my phone number.  Between email spam and phone spam...I would not consider either to be "personal" or "private" in the eyes of spammers :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users