Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fujitsu Lifebook keyboard problem!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ITtonytech

ITtonytech

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:30 AM

I have run into an issue that is leading me to believe that the MOBO is the problem but I wanted to find out if anyone else had any input or suggestions.  

The laptop is a Fujitsu Lifebook T-Series T725

The problems with the keyboard includes,

When the "backspace" button is pushed the character "p" is entered but quickly dissapears because the backspace function still works, but with that silly "p" being entered first?  

The keyboard key "6" when pressed, enters the number "7" then "6",  When you hold down the "6" key, it will continuously enter 6's without any "7's".  The "76" combo is only entered when you push the "6" key without holding it down.  The exact issue exists when the "7" key is pushed.  All of the other number keys work as they should.  

When I push and hold the "shift" key while pressing the "6" key, the charachter "^" does not get input.  Same if you push "shift" and the "7" key, no input is observed.  As a matter of fact, the "shift" key and "1", "3", "5", "6", "7" does not input any characters. So something isn't happy with the number keys along with the backspace key which is in the same row.

Things I have tried.

I ordered a replacement keyboard for this model and installed it.  Same exact issues!  Inspected the connector on the mobo, nothing appears unusual.  

Plugged in USB keyboard and it works properly.  

The laptop keyboard behaves the same in both Windows and even in BIOS.  

I honestly feel like its the motherboard but if anyone has had similar issues or have any suggestions, by all means!

If any additional info is needed, please feel free to ask.

I am currently checking for any BIOS updates, and doing additional info searching.  

Thanks!

***********Update********************

Ok, so it looks like after performing the BIOS update from Fujitsu's website, the keyboard began performing normal.  The "6" and "7" keys are now functioning and backspace works too.  The special characters with each number key also work now.  

However....

Now the damn touch pad is not responsive and the volume buttons on the back is behaving quirky (by which I mean, it appears to emulate as if you were holding down the volume up button).  So one step forward, two steps back, but it is safe to say that drivers caused the issues.  I still feel like hardware has some responsibility, but I guess I will know more after i do a Windows reload.  

Edited by ITtonytech, 23 January 2017 - 01:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users