Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What's Up With SUPERAntiSpyware Download

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:44 AM

Last night I tried to run a scan with SAS (installed some time ago) and it was moving at a snail's pace while trying to update definitions. So, I uninstalled and attempted to reinstall at BC download site. However the pace of the download mirrored the same problem. It took about 5 minutes to arrive at 50% complete.

Just wondering where the culprit might lie.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 23 January 2017 - 04:15 PM

Mine works fast. Theres been some upgrades to it so you might try deleting the program and reloading...

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#3 sikntired

sikntired
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:00 PM

Thanks jburd1800. I uninstalled and reinstalled before. However, I'll try again and see what happens.

#4 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:10 PM

I had went away from it based on past reviews on BC about it's dwindling ability. Went back, a couple months ago, and it seems to be better. Not sure if it does anything more than Ccleaner

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#5 sikntired

sikntired
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2017 - 06:04 PM

Yeah, I was contemplating on uninstalling due to some reviews. However, a "Mod" here at BC suggested keeping it for the time being. So, I kept it installed.

The second uninstall and reinstall went much better and faster. Must have been some kind of "glitch". :huh:

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,953 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2017 - 07:10 AM

SAS free ok to use as a stand-alone scanner for a second opinion. I would not recommend upgrading to the paid version with real-time protection since SAS is not as effective as it used to be.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#7 sikntired

sikntired
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2017 - 12:21 PM

Yes quietman7, I strictly use the free version as a second opinion only. Thanks for the input.

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,953 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2017 - 02:35 PM

You're welcome.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif